- If you haven't already, download the firmware file and extract the zip file.
- Connect the drive to the secondary IDE channel as a master drive with no other devices connected to that channel (Ignore if it's an SATA drive). Start Windows and verify it can recognize the drive.
- Close all other programs including: screen saver, and /or antivirus. Do not open any programs or start any system functions during the update as they can interfere with data transfer and damage the drive.
- Open the firmware program.
- Click the update button and do not touch or interfere with the drive while the firmware is being upgraded. IMPORTANT - DO NOT INTERFERE WITH THE DRIVE DURING THIS PROCESS. If an error occurs during the upgrade process, or the upgrade process is canceled during this process, damage to the drive can occur.
- When the upgrade is complete the screen should say FIRMWARE UPDATE SUCCESSFUL. Re-boot your PC.
Applying a newer firmware version than the one already installed on your unit can bring various enhancements, include workarounds for diverse problems encountered by the device, and improve or add newly developed features.
On the other hand, downgrading the firmware version can recover the device’s functionality in the event of a software update either turning up faulty or causing the unit’s overall performance to drop. However, bear in mind that applying an older firmware isn’t recommended and might not always be possible.
When it comes to the update steps, due to the large variety of devices and numerous ways for installing a new firmware, it is recommended that you carefully read and understand the upgrade steps, and consider applying a different firmware only when you have familiarized yourself with the update method.
As the installation process is most of the times quite risky, this step should be taken by users that have the ability to successfully complete the update; regular users may initiate it at their own risk. Moreover, it’s best that this task be performed in a steady power environment such as the one ensured by a UPS unit.
Therefore, if you consider applying this release, hit the download button, take into account all the aforementioned aspects, and update the device’s firmware. Also make sure you constantly check with our website to ensure that you don’t miss a single new release.
Top 4 Download periodically updates information of LG GSA-H42LI DVD Drive Firmware SL01 full driver from the manufacturer, but some information may be slightly out-of-date.
Using warez version of LG GSA-H42LI DVD Drive Firmware SL01 driver is hazardous. Our driver download links are directly from our mirrors or publisher's website, LG GSA-H42LI DVD Drive Firmware SL01 torrent files or shared files from free file sharing and free upload services, including Rapidshare, HellShare, HotFile, FileServe, MegaUpload, YouSendIt, MailBigFile, DropSend, MediaMax, zUpload, MyOtherDrive, SendSpace, DepositFiles, Letitbit, LeapFile, DivShare or MediaFire, are not allowed!
It is not recommended to download drivers from illegal sites which distribute a keygens, key generators, pirate keys, serial numbers, warez full versions or cracks for LG GSA-H42LI DVD Drive Firmware SL01. These drivers might corrupt your computer installation or breach your privacy. A driver might contain a trojan horse opening a backdoor on your computer. Hackers can use this backdoor to take control of your computer, copy data from your computer or to use your computer to distribute viruses and spam to other people.