- Up to 35% faster writing DNG files to SD card. Optimization of the writing process allows to reduce the time needed for saving DNG files up to 35%. This allows to be quicker ready to continue shooting after a burst session.
- MF-/AF-control optimized
- Autofocus reaction time is shortened
- Improved AF tracking of objects with SL lenses
- Improved: zooming while recording video
- Improved: AF field chances while recording video
- Improved: AFc while recoding video
- Improved accuracy of the focus position
- Improved AFc accuracy if an object moves towards the lens
- New firmware for the VARIO-ELMARIT-SL 24-90 f/2.8-4 ASPH.
- New firmware for the APO-VARIO-ELMARIT-SL 90-280 f/2.8-4
- Store DNG and JPG on separated SD cards
- Independent exposure control for video and photo mode
- New vide frame rate 24fps for 4k resolution 3840x2160
- White balance 'flash' improved for use with studio flash system's modelling light
- Electronic shutter mode for shutter speeds from 1s - 1/16 000s for silent shutter release (ISO50)
- Exposure preview in M-Mode improved for continuous preview
- Improved usability in play mode when zooming to 1:1 (100%) , location gets stored to easy access the same location
- Improved flash behaviour for AutoISO setting
- Improved behaviour of flash units in continuous burst shooting mode
- Swap the dedicated exposure controls of the front and back dial
- Current control setup of the front and back dial is shown on the top display
- Renaming from T-Mode into S-Mode
- New option for AF Tracking "RESET": Start position of the AF tracking is fixed on a specific location which can be adjusted by the joystick.
- Graphical User Interface of the multi selection and delete functions improved
- AE-/AF-Lock Button can be assigned to magnification for a quick visual check of focus position
- New option to show the focus distance in feet or meter
- Automatic detection of Leica M and Leica R lenses can be turned off
- Video resolution/framerate can be assigned to the personal favorite menu
- User experience increased: the "OK" button on any keyboard input screens is touch sensitive
- Audio in/out levels can be controlled directly by left/right joystick on the histogram screen
- Several minor improvements made on graphical user interface
- New default behaviour: the function "Access menu in EVF" is enabled by default. This function enables the upper left button while looking through the electronic viewfinder. Either menu access and quick access to custom functions is available now by default. For users experiencing accidental presses of the upper left button by their nose - it is recommended to disable this function in the "Customize Control" menu.
- Any shutter speed limitation for any manual focus lens is deactivated
- Improved stability for tethered shooting with Leica Image Shuttle 3.6
- If an USB connection is detected by the camera, the warning of a missing SD card is hidden. This allows to use Leica Image Shuttle and Adobe Lightroom Plugin without an inserted SD card.
- For Leica M and Leica R lenses the real-time display of the established aperture is hidden Leica SL APP
- Support for DNG file download
- Shutter release by pressing the volume button
- Vibrate on shutter release
- Recharge the battery to 100% and insert the battery into the camera.
- Download the new firmware file to your computer.
- Prepare the installation SD card.
- Please make sure that the card contains at least 200 MB of free disk space.
- It is recommended to format the card inside the camera before continuing with the installation process.
- Copy the firmware file to the root directory of a SD card.
- Insert the SD card into the camera and switch it on.
- Before installing a new firmware, please backup your user profiles. The installation will override your personal settings and customizations stored inside the camera.
- Go to MENU / SETUP / User Profile
- Choose "Export Profiles" and confirm to start the process
- The camera will confirm the action with the screen "Export Successful."
- Go to MENU / SETUP / Camera Information / Firmware
- Press “Start Update” and confirm to start the process
- Please wait until it’s done.
- Restart the camera
- In case you have done a backup of your user profiles: Go to MENU / SETUP / User Profile, choose "Import Profiles" and confirm to start the process
- The update process is completed.
- Please do not turn off your camera, or do not remove the SD Memory Card, do not remove the lens while updating your camera's firmware.
- DISREGARDING THIS ADVICE CAN CAUSE SERIOUS DAMAGE TO YOUR CAMERA!
Updating to a newer firmware version than the one already installed on your camera can improve the device’s overall performance and stability, resolve various issues, and add support for newly developed features or enhance existing ones.
On the other hand, downgrading the camera’s firmware can recover its functionality in the unlikely event the currently installed version is faulty or the device’s performance dropped after an upgrade. However, bear in mind that applying an earlier build might not always be possible.
It is recommended that changing the camera’s firmware be performed when the new release resolves an issue that your device has been encountering, or adds a new feature (or enhances an existing one) that could prove useful for you.
This process isn’t intended to be destructive, but still, it’s best to save all your personal data and configurations before applying a different firmware. Moreover, make sure that the battery is fully charged and don’t use the camera’s buttons while the installation is in progress.
When it comes to the update method, usually, you must copy the firmware file onto a compatible memory card, insert it into the camera, and browse from the menu to the device’s update section.
However, each device has various ways to enter the update mode and particular steps that should be taken for a successful upgrade, therefore make sure you read the product’s installation guide.
That being said, if you consider that this firmware improves your device in any way, then hit the download button and get the desired version; if not, check with our website as often as possible so that you don’t miss the update that will boost your camera’s performance.
Top 4 Download periodically updates information of Leica SL (Typ 601) Camera Firmware 3.0 full driver from the manufacturer, but some information may be slightly out-of-date.
Using warez version of Leica SL (Typ 601) Camera Firmware 3.0 driver is hazardous. Our driver download links are directly from our mirrors or publisher's website, Leica SL (Typ 601) Camera Firmware 3.0 torrent files or shared files from free file sharing and free upload services, including Rapidshare, HellShare, HotFile, FileServe, MegaUpload, YouSendIt, MailBigFile, DropSend, MediaMax, zUpload, MyOtherDrive, SendSpace, DepositFiles, Letitbit, LeapFile, DivShare or MediaFire, are not allowed!
It is not recommended to download drivers from illegal sites which distribute a keygens, key generators, pirate keys, serial numbers, warez full versions or cracks for Leica SL (Typ 601) Camera Firmware 3.0. These drivers might corrupt your computer installation or breach your privacy. A driver might contain a trojan horse opening a backdoor on your computer. Hackers can use this backdoor to take control of your computer, copy data from your computer or to use your computer to distribute viruses and spam to other people.